Monday, January 3, 2011

Happy New Year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I sat around on December 31st trying to to think of something witty and wise to say as the last day of 2010 but nothing came to me.

Too many times in our lives we try to finesse our lives to be something they are not supposed to be. At some point in the last 12 years I lost a part of me trying to be someone I am not. If I cannot be true to myself I cannot be an effective human, wife, friend, daughter, sister, neighbor, etc.

I started thinking late in the day on January 1, 2011 about all the things I want to do and in the same thought I could easily come up with 100 reasons why I can't really do all the things I want to do. I kept telling myself 2011 is going to be a great year. One hour later I would worry about things and how 2011 is going to suck.

Yesterday, it all changed! I sat in church with my hubby and the priest's homily talked about 'It's a Wonderful Life' and how the path we set for ourselves may not always be the path God has set us on. Well, last night I saw two friends post on their FB pages that they made lists of their 2010 accomplishments and wrote down their 2011 goals. So, I took just a few seconds to just think about my accomplishments in 2010 and in the blink of an eye I had an arms length of accomplishments that made me smile. And I thought about my goals and dreams for 2011 and it, too, made me smile. Why???? Well, unlike the guy in the movie, my accomplishments and my goals are road signs...really BIG ones....confirming in my heart that I am on the right path. And I consider myself lucky. If God didn't want me to live my life in the arts he would not have let me accomplish all I did in 2010. Here they are:

  1. National Tour with the renowned children's theater Omaha Theatre Company.
  2. Sang the national anthem twice at the World Series of Cycling
  3. Performed in NYC in a new play 'Skin Deep' by Mary Lynn Dobson which WON the 2010 Samuel French New Play Festival.
  4. Started working on a one-woman show
  5. Filmed a movie
  6. Cast as Mrs. Mops/Mrs. Fezziwig in an original Christmas Carol at The Westchester Broadway Theatre.
  7. DOUBLED the amount of callbacks I had than 2009.
  8. Started coaching children and adults
  9. Started this blog.
  10. Celebrated TWO YEARS of marriage with my husband
  11. Started running/training for a 5K
  12. Lost weight
  13. Decluttered my home
  14. HAVE A NEW GODSON!!! (He's 7 months and apparently rolling all over the house. My prediction he skips the crawling and rolls right up onto those feet and starts walking!)
  15. Was in two episodes of a television show
  16. Took a acting for sitcoms class
  17. Started looking for an agent
  18. Paid down 1/2 credit card debt
  19. Got a china cabinet
  20. Hosted my first Thanksgiving dinner for my in-laws
  21. Had my first audition via Skype
  22. Visited with my Befri and her husband at the national zoo where she told me she was expecting outside the reptile house :)
  23. Enjoyed two visits with my parents here in PA
  24. Reconnected with many amazing friends
  25. Had 2 successful jewelry shows
  26. Made it through another year!
And as I actually started to list them it makes me realize how amazing 2010 was. It makes me forget about the little things that brought me down. Now I have a list of things to look back on and be grateful for.

For 2011 my hopes and dreams are:

  1. To get an agent
  2. To get my Equity card
  3. To get in shape
  4. Go on a vacation with my husband
  5. Visit my hometown
  6. Pay down debt
  7. Take 1 class a month in NYC
  8. Get new headshots
  9. Film at least 1 more movie
  10. Film another television show
  11. Film my first commercial
  12. Keep up with my hair trims (haha)
  13. Get the 'Business of Me' more organized
  14. Keep my house decluttered and clean
  15. go to double the amount of auditions
  16. Complain less
  17. Pray more
  18. Smile alot
  19. Make sure the people I love know I love them
  20. Get more clients for my coaching business
  21. Take more dance classes
  22. Continue to cook and eat healthy
  23. Move to NYC
  24. Write more music
  25. More dates with my husband
  26. Have my niece for July
  27. Expand my networking
  28. Spend more time with those friends in my life that have a positive influence on me.
That's alot but I'm up for the challenge. As Barney says on 'How I Met Your Mother' - "CHALLENGE ACCEPTED!"

And now, anyone reading this can hold me accountable. I am quite motivated. I know I have a lot of work to do but I'm not afraid of it...actually IT should be afraid of me! :)

Here's to an awesome 2011, folks! Now, go and make your lists!

No comments:

Post a Comment